The first entertainment acts of the 2022 Colorado State Fair have been announced, and from the State Fair concert lineup, fairgoers are in for a memorable music history experience.
Some of the top country music artists and renowned standup comedians are set to entertain revelers on Friday, August 26th, running through Monday, September 5th.
The headlining acts include Walker Hayes, American pop-country singer, celebrated standup comedian Jim Gaffigan, and Lady A, the Grammy-award-winning country music trio. Each of these artists will perform a show during the 11-day fair.
Purchase your tickets now – they are selling fast for these great shows!
Commemorating The 150th Year of The Fair
The event will occur at the Colorado State Fairgrounds (1001 Beulah Ave.), where revelers will enjoy music and good food. They’re also in for different activities and entertainment for people of all ages, including carnival rides and rodeo competitions.
This year’s fair will also feature a themed sand sculpture celebrate its one-and-a-half-century milestone.
However, the event will have slightly different hours from the past years. The fairgrounds will be opened for public access from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM, Monday to Thursday. For the rest of the days (Friday through Sunday), they’ll be open between 11:00 AM and 11:00 PM.
You’ll pay only $8 if you purchase your adult gate admission ticket before August 26th or $14 if you purchase later. However, you’ll buy the concert ticket separately.
Lots of Outdoor Live Music
Nothing beats enjoying a warm summer evening with live performers on stage, and that’s why the Fair hosts a broad scope of live outdoor music. Tickets to these exclusive shows at the Bud Light Grandstand and Southwest Motors Event Center are available for fairgoers to listen to some of the top artists in the country. This year there is an exciting lineup including such acts as Lou Gramm, Lady A, T.I., and Los Tucanes de Tijuana. Tickets are on sale now, so buy yours before they are sold out!
If you are looking to discover something new, the Fair has performers from around the state that you can see with your Fair general admission tickets. Numerous Indie musicians put on incredible live performances at the American Furniture Warehouse Amphitheater and the Pepsi Stage along with other entertaining acts such as jugglers, hypnotists, and hip-hop dancers. So, whatever your preferences and regardless of your budget, you’ll be entertained and enjoy the beautiful tunes.
Other Fun Activities to Enjoy at the State Fair
The Fair is among the most popular summer attractions, attracting thousands of Coloradans across the state. Besides the great music, delicacies, and rides, you’ll also get to enjoy the following fun activities:
Camping is an affordable and fun alternative to costly hotel rooms if you visit the city from afar. Participants in any Fair competitions and shows are allowed to camp on the fairgrounds. But if you’re not participating and you’d love to camp nearby, you can head to Lake Minnequa, several miles from the fairgrounds.
Pueblo Outdoor fun
There are many outdoor attractions to visit while taking a trip to Pueblo. Examples include:
- Visit the Pueblo Zoo, which houses over 420 animals from more than 140 species.
- Check out the large, pristine Lake Pueblo State Park for camping, swimming, jet ski rentals, and fishing.
- Explore different museums in Pueblo, such as the History Museum, Rosemount Museum, and Railway Museum.
The State Fair gives rodeo fans the most exciting events in all of the state every year. Some of the most exciting rodeo events include:
- Barrel racing which is an incredible display of rider-horse coordination where the rider has to guide their horse through a clover-shaped truck and perform perfect circles around three barrels at full speed
- Tie-down, which entails roping a calf and restraining it as a show of skill and accuracy
- Team-roping which is a teamwork and coordination game involving two cowboys that rope a calf together, one roping it by a back leg and the other by the horns.
- Steer wrestling which is where brave cowboys leap off their horses to wrestle full-grown steers to the ground as a display of technique and raw strength.
- Bronc riding which entails riding a bucking horse with the goal of staying on for 8 seconds
- Bull riding which is the peak activity where the toughest cowboys mount muscular bulls and hold on for dear life with one hand as it thrashes around and try to stay on for a long 8-second ride
Don’t Miss the Amazing Summer Fun at the Colorado State Fair!
Attending the Colorado State Fair is among the most fun and memorable activities you will participate in. There’s limitless fun right here, from enjoying exciting rodeo shows to jamming out to live music and indulging in delicious food.
So, if you want to enjoy an unforgettable summer experience, you know where to go. Ring us via 719-561-8484 if you have questions regarding this live music venue.