Colorado State Fair Authority's Survey Giveaway, Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
- GIVEAWAY SPONSOR. The Giveaway is sponsored by the Colorado State Fair Authority, 1001 Beulah Ave., Pueblo, CO 81004, a division of the Colorado Department of Agriculture, 305 Interlocken Parkway, Broomfield, Colorado 80021 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open only to legal U.S. residents who reside in the fifty United States or the District of Columbia and who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry into the Giveaway. Void in any U.S. state or territory where prohibited, licensed, or restricted. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings regardless where they live), or members of household, of Sponsor or advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Giveaway are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Official Rules in their entirety. By participating, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and accepts the decisions of the Sponsor as final.
- ENTRY AND GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway begins at 12:01 p.m., Mountain Standard Time (“MST”) on August 25, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. MST on September 30, 2023, (the “Giveaway Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted to the Giveaway during this Giveaway Period.
- GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS.
- To enter the Giveaway online, you must visit Sponsor’s website page at https://coloradostatefair.com/giveaways/ (“Website”) and complete the following steps: (i) Enter your contact and personal information in the Giveaway registration form; and (ii) Confirm your acceptance of these Official Rules. All Entrants must check the boxes confirming “I am 18 years or older”; “I have read and understand the Giveaway terms and conditions”; and checking the boxes granting legal guardianship of minors in order to register. The person whose name appears on the Website user account will be deemed the Entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant must own the e-mail address in the Website user account. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible or corrupt entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic, or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or for any unauthorized human intervention, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information.
- Review and Modifications. Entries that do not comply in all material respects with these Official Rules as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will be ineligible for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Entries are eligible to take part in this Giveaway and which Entries may be considered for a prize.
- Entry Limitations. There is a limit of one entry per person, regardless of method of entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. None will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of online submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By participating in the Giveaway, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of Entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or illegible mail, entries or e-mail, nor is any responsibility accepted for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net or phone accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than one entry by using multiple or different names, e-mail accounts, addresses, or any other methods shall void all of that person’s entries and that person shall be disqualified.
- PUBLICITY.As a condition of entry into the Giveaway, except where prohibited by law, each Entrant by entering, and each Prize Winner by accepting the Prize, grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display, and otherwise use Entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes without additional review, compensation, permission, or approval.
- Selection of Winner. Eight (8) potential Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or before September 30, 2023. Potential Prize Winners will be selected from all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Giveaway, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Giveaway shall be final and binding. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to respond to notification within five business days after its transmission; (2) the return of an e-mail notification as undeliverable after three attempts; (3) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residence; (4) a potential Prize Winner’s failure to validly claim the prize by December 31, 2023; or (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner.
- ODDS. Odds of winning in the Giveaway are dependent upon the number of valid entries received. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer, or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the prize stated become unavailable for any reason.
- PRIZE. Six (6) “Prizes” will be awarded in this Giveaway. One (1) “Grand Prize” comprised of two free tickets to every event at the 2024 Colorado State Fair and Industrial Exposition Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $800 and five (5) “Second Prizes” comprised of two free tickets to a single event of Prize Winner’s choice for the 2024 Colorado State Fair and Industrial Exposition, each with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $50. Two (2) “Third Place” prizes comprised of an on grounds parking permit for the 2024 Colorado State Fair and Industrial Exposition, each with an Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $250 The ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Giveaway is $1,550 All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any prize package and are solely the Prize Winner’s responsibility.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. The Prizes will be awarded provided they are validly claimed by December 31, 2023, after which Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award any forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes on the Prizes, if any, and other expenses related to accepting or using the Prizes not listed in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the Prize, if applicable. The Prizes will be shipped only to addresses in the United States.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Each Giveaway winner will be notified in person, by telephone or by e-mail, following the end of the Prize Award Period, using the e-mail addresses or telephone numbers provided by Entrant at time of entry into the Giveaway. Sponsor will make such notification within 24 hours after the drawing (“Prize Award Period”). If a selected winner is not available to accept the Prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the Prize and select an alternate Winner through the same Giveaway process.
- GENERAL RULES. Winner of Prizes may be required to complete, execute, and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit and Publicity and Liability Release within 10 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the Prize, where permitted by law, Winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including, but not limited to, the right to use and publish winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, and likeness for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Giveaway is found to violate any federal, state, or local law, regulation or ordinance, the Giveaway shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Giveaway in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) terminate the Giveaway in such jurisdiction in its entirety; and (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Giveaway any or all entries from Entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Giveaway Entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
- RELEASE AND PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS. Entrant agrees to assume all risks associated with entrance in the Giveaway, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize, participation in any Giveaway related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend, and indemnify Colorado Department of Agriculture, the Colorado State Fair Authority, Sponsor, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, officers, and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation, or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize, participation in any Giveaway-related activity, or participation in the Giveaway.
- CHOICE OF LAW. All Entrants agree that any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Colorado without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the state of Colorado. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION. The personal information collected through this Giveaway is subject to the Colorado Open Records Act, § 24-72-201, et seq. By entering this Giveaway, you agree to the potential release of your information as set forth in the Colorado Open Records Act.
15. OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Colorado State Fair Authority, 1001 Beulah Ave., Pueblo, CO 81004.
2023 Contest Winners